Back to Wellness Library

Talk to Your Doctor about Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm

The Basics: Overview

If you are a man age 65 to 75 and have ever smoked, ask your doctor about getting screened (tested) for abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA).

Am I at risk for AAA?

Men over age 65 who have smoked at any point in their lives have the highest risk of AAA.

Risk factors for AAA include:

If you think you may be at risk for AAA, talk to your doctor.